It’s been a while since I’v done a blog post. I can assure you that it’s not because I’ve been lazy. Quite the opposite really. The last few weeks have been hectic. Packed with assignment work but I’ve finally found time to work blog. In this post I thought id show you some of my work in progress. Here are some screen shots I took of the early stages of my social issue image being edited.
Here is the base of my image. I took this photo at my parents farm.
Next I created a new layer and on that layer I placed an image of eggs. To get rid of the background in the eggs image I used the magnetic lasso tool and the mask tool.
On other new layers I used the same tools to get rid of the parts of the egg image I didn’t want.
Finally I used the heal tool to get rid of some unwanted marks on the eggs. I used the transform tool to enlarge the eggs and to place them in the exact spot I wanted them to be.
After all of this I started working on making the eggs look like they were actually sitting on the grass and making the yolk of the cracked egg red (to represent blood, hurt and cruelty). If I have time I will do a similar blog post on how I did that. I haven’t had any major difficulties with editing yet and I hope to have the whole image completed by tonight.